Made with Cucina-style Autumn Salad
Pasta- used TJ's organic Italian fusilli. Cook a minute short of al dente, toss with evoo to await sauce.
- half can of Italian Cenzo plum tomatoes
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 2 T white balsamic vinegar
- 3-4 tsp italian seasoning mix
- artichoke hearts, cooked (chez panisse style, see below)
- 1 container red/yellow small TJ's tomatoes
Toss tomatoes with evoo and s/p, spread on baking sheet and put in preheated oven at 400 for about 20 minutes or until they plump and are browning/charring on top. Remove from oven and let rest.
Take about half of the tomatoes out of the can, use immersion blender to puree.
Saute shallots in heated evoo until almost picking up color, add in white balsamic vinegar, simmer liquid off. Add pureed tomato and bring to simmer. Add in herb mix and simmer to reduce by 1/4-1/3. Add in roasted tomatoes and drained artichoke hearts, let simmer a few minutes until heated through. Toss cooked pasta on top and fold together. Allow to sit over heat another minute or so to heat through. Serve topped with some shaved parmesan.
- 1 bag fzn artichoke hearts
- some white wine (1/3 c?) - left over Charles Shaw sauv blanc
- few sprigs thyme
- bay leaf
- crushed red pepper
Bring to a simmer, simmer 10 min, let cool in liquid. Drain, remove thyme and bay leaf.